½ chicken (about 500g), cut into the small pieces
2 tbsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame Oil
1 tbsp cooking oil
5 ginger, thinly sliced
1 tbsp Chinese wine
1 tsp Yeo’s Dark Soy Sauce
½ tsp Yeo’s Light Soy Sauce
- Heat the wok with sesame oil and cooking oil over medium heat. Add the sliced ginger and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry until cooked on the surface.
- Add all the seasonings to coat chicken evenly in the sauce. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add more water if the sauce is drying out. Use kitchen tongs to turn chicken pieces over, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked, add a splash of Chinese wine and after a few seconds you can smell the wonderful aroma of the wine evaporating. Garnish with coriander and serve with warm steamed rice.
Search by keyword,
product or ingredient